Changes to KLO lot

Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Changes to KLO lot

Post by Brain »

So I was wondering whatever happened with the construction that was happening at the end of last season. Took a drive by and was pleasantly surprised that the lot actually got slightly larger. Basically they moved the curbs back about 12 or 15 feet on the side opposite the residence. The little building by our outhouse now sticks out into the parking lot. Doesn't sound like much - maybe 265 feet wide compared to the old 250 feet - but it appears relatively flat and should really help with the bumps when turning around the lamp posts on that side. Might even be wide enough for a short slalom down that side.

P.S. - it was dark and snow covered so it might not be as flat as I think :lol:
Attachments
20190219_174233.jpg
20190219_174233.jpg (3.07 MiB) Viewed 8124 times
20190219_173940.jpg
20190219_173940.jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 8124 times
baiiva71
Street Touring Class

Re: Changes to KLO lot

Post by baiiva71 »

Interesting! I can't wait to see what sort of tracks you come up with now that there is a little extra space!
Bailey Ivan

"I'll catch those top guns! Even if its the last thing I do!"
flyinlow
Street Touring Class

Post by flyinlow »

Just wondering if anyone knows the schedule for KLO lot yet? While were wondering.... Do we have any dates set up for Vernon this year??
Brain

Post by Brain »

Seems the other website has been updated.....Kelowna May 2 to Aug 29 (Thursdays).

Curb removal says Saturday April 28th......except the 28th is the Sunday. Saturday works - Sunday some of the regulars will be in Pitt Meadows.

https://okanaganautocross.weebly.com/ke ... edule.html

Vernon is also posted....but July 14 conflicts with Packwood so might be cancelled/rescheduled. Also UBC hasn't released their summer schedule for Pitt Meadows yet so there may still be more conflicts

https://okanaganautocross.weebly.com/ve ... edule.html
Brain

Post by Brain »

Brain wrote:Curb removal says Saturday April 28th......except the 28th is the Sunday. Saturday works - Sunday some of the regulars will be in Pitt Meadows.
Now says curb removal Saturday April 28
brucethebrat
Street Prepared Class

Post by brucethebrat »

I took into account VCMC dates to avoid conflict with Vernon but more changes are inevitable.
OK College have not even confirmed use of the lot yet as there is another new building and parking is at a premium.
UBCO is a go so I have scheduled one event there for May 19 but need to get a contract in place.