New year

Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Re: New year

Post by Brain »

For all the people wondering what's happening....

There will not be a race this Thursday (the 27th). Paperwork delays are holding things up - nothing serious. Will update further once we have a confirmation of curb removal.

From Bruce.......

There are bunch of problems between OC and ASN re insurance. Right now I am targeting April 27 as curb removal. OC won’t let us pull them until we have insurance.

I have the permits, trailer insurance done.
baiiva71
Street Touring Class

Post by baiiva71 »

Hopefully it gets cleared up soon. I'd love to see if my truck will do better with the newer rear shocks. I also did a oil change for the motor and a oil change for the differential. Took the axle apart to fix a leaky seal and also replaced a bearing.

Its not much of a change, but I think it will do a healthier run. Maybe even more so if I get some decent used summer tires for it, any brand I should look for?
Bailey Ivan

"I'll catch those top guns! Even if its the last thing I do!"
SkinnyG
Street Prepared Class

Post by SkinnyG »

Speed costs. How fast do you want to go?

I my opinion - let your wallet decide.

*cough* Did you say "truck"? We should do a truck challenge! I'll bring my sloppy heavy whale of a truck - loser buys the beer!?
Lethal Locost - street legal roller skate
Fiendish Firefly - 5.7lbs of engine in a 1lb bag
Crusty Chevy - shortboxed and dropped, potato potato
brucethebrat
Street Prepared Class

Post by brucethebrat »

Finally got the insurance. We can pull the curbs on Tuesday May 2nd and start racing May 4th.

We should have the trailer on the 2nd to go through stuff and make sure everything is working.
Brain

Post by Brain »

brucethebrat wrote:Finally got the insurance. We can pull the curbs on Tuesday May 2nd and start racing May 4th.

We should have the trailer on the 2nd to go through stuff and make sure everything is working.
Any particular time you had in mind for the curbs? Personally I probably can't be there until around 5 on Tuesday.

I believe my dad is planning on taking the trailer home on the curb day and will bring it back for the first race. That way he can reorganize, check over the supplies and give the trailer a once over.
baiiva71
Street Touring Class

Post by baiiva71 »

Dang, unfortunately I can't make the tuesday to help with the curbs, I have CO parade at cadets. In which I have an important meeting to attend to. If I didn't have to go to it I would totally come out and help. But I can't :(

In other words its nice to hear the insurance has been sorted out. Can't wait to get started!
Bailey Ivan

baiiva71
Street Touring Class

Post by baiiva71 »

How much does the autocross events cost per night again? And what was the membership cost again. I can't remember. is a Snell SA2010 rated helmet the correct or at least proper helmet I need? I've been looking into getting my own helmet so that I am not constantly borrowing a helmet each run.

Also sorry that I couldn't make it out to her remove curbs. I had cadets into which took up all my time.
Bailey Ivan

Brain

Post by Brain »

Kelowna Race Information
You must be an OBCC member which is $20 for the year. Each event costs $15 per driver or buy a punch card to bring your costs down to as low as $10 per event.

SA2010 helmet is good. An M or SA helmet 2005 or newer is good too.

C. Driver Safety
i) Helmets
a) All drivers and passengers must wear helmets conforming to either the latest or two immediately preceding Snell Memorial Foundation standard or bear an approval sticker of an ASN affiliate of a foreign country. The following standards are acceptable:
(i) Snell Foundation - 2005, 2010, 2015 M or SA, 2010 SAH. Snell 2000 is no longer acceptable after 2016
(ii) SFI Foundation - 31.1A, 31.2A or 31.1/2005
(iii) British Standards Institution - BS 6658-85 type A/FR
(iv) FIA 8860-2004 and beyond
b) Snell 2010M, 2005M or 2000M rated helmets are not acceptable for
vehicles equipped with a roll cage. These drivers require a helmet which
meets one of the FIA, Snell SA, SFI or BSI standards listed above.
baiiva71
Street Touring Class

Post by baiiva71 »

Is there anywhere where I could get a Snell rated helmet from in the Okanagan? I haven't been able to find any places online And the helmets that I can find all need to be shipped in. Ones that can test fit so you get the right helmet would be a big help too.

Any places you guys might know of?
Bailey Ivan

Brain

Post by Brain »

Princess Auto has had them on occasion. I've also heard motorcycle shops carry them