One car, No PAX, pay to play championship.

riceracer
Street Prepared Class

Re: One car, No PAX, pay to play championship.

Post by riceracer »

Your right we could argue that as it would not be truly equal but it is as close as we are going to get, so now it looks like we just have to find 5 of the exact same car 8-) or maybe we could get Greg in on this and we could build 5 of the exact same cars with the exact same setup owned by 5 different people :D I can see the next argument though as we would all want a different setup for our different driving styles.... discuss 8-)
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

I gave up on the idea way back when my post ended with "THE END".
The only remaining issue was the cold delivery of the "no" that went way beyond rules and included every possible objection you could come up with followed by an offering for even more negativity. :D

If you think a public forum is an appropriate place to be Ball park frank to your friends then have at it but don't expect a thank you for your infinite knowledge and wisdom. :D

Note the inappropriate use of a :D
Guess that makes it all better.
Feel. Don't think.
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

Before someone goes home crying, this topic is going to be locked in 12 hours.
Get your digs in before it's too late!!

One sandbox. Many children. Play nice. lol
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

My vote is you just delete the thread. It's pretty much completely useless.....
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

Brain wrote:My vote is you just delete the thread. It's pretty much completely useless.....
Well it is now!

Delete it!
Feel. Don't think.
SkinnyG
Street Prepared Class

Post by SkinnyG »

riceracer wrote:maybe we could get Greg in on this and we could....
I might be sick that day.
Lethal Locost - street legal roller skate
Fiendish Firefly - 5.7lbs of engine in a 1lb bag
Crusty Chevy - shortboxed and dropped, potato potato
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

Brain wrote:My vote is you just delete the thread. It's pretty much completely useless.....
Not totally useless. It's on record that we've looked at it, and it just is not a possibility within our license and insurance parameters. In case any one else has some funny ideas. Remember last season when we had a request from another group?
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

mcsinc wrote:Before someone goes home crying, this topic is going to be locked in 12 hours.
Oops, 12 hours would mean I'd have to lock it down at 1:41 AM. I'm not staying up that late. Just sayin.
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
angryturtle
Street Prepared Class

Post by angryturtle »

Brain wrote:As I stated early in the thread the rule is maximum 4 drivers per car - maximum of two drivers per class.:
I'm glad we cleared that up. So does that mean we could have a "legal" a competition with at least 4 different drivers and one car? Even if we had to officially put them in 2 classes we could still compare raw time runs. Do we actually have more than 4 people who want to do this? If we do, then we may have to have kind of a "Round Robbin" tournament style competition over a few different days. If we rent a car, it is unlikely to contain a "no race" clause. You have to declare each driver for driving on the road but this would not be required for something in a parking lot.
Does refusing to go to the gym count as resistance training? :?
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

angryturtle wrote:
Brain wrote:As I stated early in the thread the rule is maximum 4 drivers per car - maximum of two drivers per class.:
I'm glad we cleared that up.
Yeah....it's unfortunate it needed to be cleared up since I stated it correctly in this thread as did Matt. I'm sure the other 3 drivers in the car (who read the forum, but don't post) don't really appreciate their integrity being questioned. I might understand how the internet works and have thick skin - doesn't mean they do.....
angryturtle wrote:So does that mean we could have a "legal" a competition with at least 4 different drivers and one car? Even if we had to officially put them in 2 classes we could still compare raw time runs. Do we actually have more than 4 people who want to do this? If we do, then we may have to have kind of a "Round Robbin" tournament style competition over a few different days. If we rent a car, it is unlikely to contain a "no race" clause. You have to declare each driver for driving on the road but this would not be required for something in a parking lot.
There's nothing in the rules that says you can't run a rental car. There's also nothing that says you can. The club or CACC could still say no to avoid any unwanted attention if things go bad. Same argument I made before - the club is aware it's happening, the club is allowing it to happen, details of it are being posted on the club website..... turns into the club being liable. Common sense says it's a bad idea. Personally I will continue to argue in favor of what's best for the club and racing in general. I'm not interested in taking unnecessary risks for the benefit of a small group. The greater good as they say
angryturtle wrote:If we rent a car, it is unlikely to contain a "no race" clause. You have to declare each driver for driving on the road but this would not be required for something in a parking lot.
Of course there will be a no-race clause. Rental car contracts are littered with fine print. A quick google search turns this up from the Avis website - I'm sure the contracts are pretty standardized throughout the industry. #4 for those too lazy to read. So basically whoever puts their name on the contract better be ready to buy the car. Talk about fine print - it actually says you can only drive on paved roads :o

A VIOLATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH, WILL AUTOMATICALLY TERMINATE YOUR RENTAL, and IS AN EXCLUSION TO AND VOIDS ALL LIABILITY PROTECTION AND ANY OPTIONAL SERVICES THAT YOU HAVE ACCEPTED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ADDITIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE,
TERMS AND CONDITIONS PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE, PERSONAL EFFECTS PROTECTION, EXTENDED ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE, EMERGENCY
SICKNESS PROTECTION AND LOSS DAMAGE WAIVER OR PARTIAL DAMAGE WAIVER. IT ALSO MAKES YOU LIABLE TO US FOR
ALL PENALTIES, FINES, FORFEITURES, LIENS AND RECOVERY AND STORAGE COSTS, INCLUDING ALL RELATED LEGAL
EXPENSES, FEES AND COSTS THAT WE MAY INCUR.

It is a violation of this paragraph if:
a. You use or permit the car to be used: 1) by anyone other than an authorized driver, as defined in paragraph 5; 2) to carry passengers
or property for hire; 3) to tow or push anything; 4) to be operated in a test, race or contest, or on unpaved roads; 5) while the driver
is under the influence of alcohol and/or a controlled substance; 6) for conduct that could be charged as a crime such as a felony or
misdemeanor, including the transportation of a controlled substances or contraband; 7) recklessly or while overloaded; or 8) if the car is
driven into Mexico without our expressed permission.