One car, No PAX, pay to play championship.

See23
Modified Class

Re: One car, No PAX, pay to play championship.

Post by See23 »

Not a bad angle Mr turtle.

Here's a thought that would take some trust among 5 drivers and not need a rental or unknown car:

Run a series over 5 events where you alternate your car as a donor for 4 competitors to drive. The owner of the donor would sit out that week but still, hopefully, co-drive or use another car for the regular season event. It would only be for one event each person.

5 events would give each driver 4 events in a car other then their own.

I would expect we'd have to have a minimum standard of experience and mutual trust in the group. I don't think that's a long shot.

To meet the rules for insurance concerns they can be classed in two groups but for the competition we'd only use raw times.

Note: I had a good night sleep so I'm ready for your reply and/or rebuttal, Brain.
Be gentle ;)
Feel. Don't think.
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

So after two weeks and getting completely butthurt........you've invented ..........the co-driver?

Legendary :lol:
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

Brain wrote:So after two weeks and getting completely butthurt........you've invented ..........the co-driver?

Legendary :lol:

If you gave it some thought you'd see the value and purpose of it.

All I'm trying to do is create some added interesting competition to our regular routine.

Yes I've been upset by your responses because you're mostly telling us what we can't do. How about what we can do? :?
Feel. Don't think.
Brain

Post by Brain »

I have no problem at all with the co-driver concept. Same as I had no problem with Matt suggesting buying 5 identical cars. Those are both perfectly legal.

See23 wrote:you're mostly telling us what we can't do. How about what we can do? :?
I never disputed that some people might find it fun - if some people like it then it brings value (as long as there's no collateral damage). However, I don't see why it's my job to find a solution for something that doesn't particularly interest me. This wasn't an official suggestion at a club meeting - it was a random forum post. I'm just making sure people understand the rules before they waste time and get excited about something that isn't feasible.

This thread has some pretty negative undertones, but the end is the desired result. For everyone's future reference it could have been as simple as this:

Can we do this?
No because....
How about this?
No because....
How about this?
Yes, but only if you do this......
So we can do it this way?
Yes

Or you could just go take Wayne's car while he's at work. If we learned anything it's that he can't tell time and he sucks at locking stuff :lol:
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

See23 wrote:Not a bad angle Mr turtle.

Here's a thought that would take some trust among 5 drivers and not need a rental or unknown car:

Run a series over 5 events where you alternate your car as a donor for 4 competitors to drive. The owner of the donor would sit out that week but still, hopefully, co-drive or use another car for the regular season event. It would only be for one event each person.

5 events would give each driver 4 events in a car other then their own.

I would expect we'd have to have a minimum standard of experience and mutual trust in the group. I don't think that's a long shot.

To meet the rules for insurance concerns they can be classed in two groups but for the competition we'd only use raw times.

Note: I had a good night sleep so I'm ready for your reply and/or rebuttal, Brain.
Be gentle ;)
So that's a "yes" from Brian, who's knowledge of the rules and opinion is valuable, on the above concept.

So... who is interested?

Please reply asap so we know if this lives or dies.
A lot needs to be discussed.
Feel. Don't think.
Brain

Post by Brain »

Hi, I'm a new guy. I just got my N and I have a $500 Honda that's still in my mom's name. I'd sure like to drive your fancy Miata. I deliver newspapers, so I have a regular income. I'd like to sign up :lol:

My point is you might want to have people contact you offline (PM, email or whatever) to APPLY to be allowed to join your group. I'm not sure you're going to have people just agree to do it without knowing who the other drivers are. Plus by doing it publicly it makes it really hard when you have a "no way that guy is driving my car" situation.
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

Brain wrote:Hi, I'm a new guy. I just got my N and I have a $500 Honda that's still in my mom's name. I'd sure like to drive your fancy Miata. I deliver newspapers, so I have a regular income. I'd like to sign up :lol:

My point is you might want to have people contact you offline (PM, email or whatever) to APPLY to be allowed to join your group. I'm not sure you're going to have people just agree to do it without knowing who the other drivers are. Plus by doing it publicly it makes it really hard when you have a "no way that guy is driving my car" situation.
We definitely need to have a consensus on who's involved so we all trust the drivers of our cars. Same could be said about a rental car because someone has to put their name on paper.
We need be open about being selective and be able to say no.
As far as staying public I see that as part of the appeal and purpose of the forum and a competition like this. Open and honest discussion makes it interesting for the spectator.

I'm in so we need 4 more.

If you have a good track record of safe respectful driving, are willing and able to bear the cost of potential damage to the competition car, are willing to put your car in the hands of someone you trust while accepting the inevitable wear
and tear and feel you are viewed as a good candidate by potential competitors, then submit your name for the expected scrutiny involved.

This has to be based on ability and trust of the 5 involved and not just reaching the 5. If not it will not happen.
Feel. Don't think.
angryturtle
Street Prepared Class

Post by angryturtle »

I could volunteer my son's 2008 Subaru Impreza, 5 speed, all season tires (not sure what make). I gave it to him and he owes me for breaking my Evo ... twice :mrgreen: If it breaks I can fix it for him. If "n" is the number of people who want to do this, then we need n/4 cars. Round Robin format were the owner of a car does not drive their own car.
Does refusing to go to the gym count as resistance training? :?
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

angryturtle wrote:I could volunteer my son's 2008 Subaru Impreza, 5 speed, all season tires (not sure what make). I gave it to him and he owes me for breaking my Evo ... twice :mrgreen: If it breaks I can fix it for him. If "n" is the number of people who want to do this, then we need n/4 cars. Round Robin format were the owner of a car does not drive their own car.
Is it right hand drive?
I have no right hand drive experience other then a scared passenger.

I gat what your saying about the number of people. 5 would be the max of course. Minimum 3 or hardly worthwhile.
Feel. Don't think.
angryturtle
Street Prepared Class

Post by angryturtle »

See23 wrote:Is it right hand drive?
I have no right hand drive experience other then a scared passenger.
It is a standard, stock, regularly maintained, left hand drive Subi that I bought in 2011 with 20,000 km from a little old lady who hardly drove it.
Jeeesh :roll:
Does refusing to go to the gym count as resistance training? :?