may 3 18 pax all.png (40.54 KiB) Viewed 8839 times
RAW All Drivers:
may 3 18 raw all.png
may 3 18 raw all.png (40.44 KiB) Viewed 8839 times
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Re: #1 - May 3 2018

Post by Brain »

Questions, comments, classing changes, name spelling..........ask away or pm me....

A couple things I'm still considering if anyone has any input.....

- Changing the scoring to 10 points for a win instead of 100 which should tighten the competition, but increases the chances of ties.

- the "Rob Rule" :lol: - at what point do we bump someone into top gun if they are regularly winning overall top pax ahead of the top gun drivers. I'm thinking something like 3 overall PAX wins gets you bumped to top gun and then the results are recalculated for all previous events reflecting that move. That's a whole lot of work, but the intention is to create competition in the larger group and if someone is dominating then they should be in top gun....

PM me if you have thoughts, but don't want to make your opinions public.
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

I think 3 wins = bump is a good idea.
How about 3 bottom placings in top gun = bump the other way ?

Thought of a name for the second group?

Good choice of course layout for the season opener!

Nice driving for someone without a chance of winning. :shock:
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
SkinnyG
Street Prepared Class

Post by SkinnyG »

I wouldn't mind seeing a "Novice Series" for folks in their first year. It might hold people who are just trying it out, but leave because they are nowhere near winning. I don't know how easy that would be logistically....
Lethal Locost - street legal roller skate
Fiendish Firefly - 5.7lbs of engine in a 1lb bag
Crusty Chevy - shortboxed and dropped, potato potato
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

mcsinc wrote:How about 3 bottom placings in top gun = bump the other way ?
It was sort of the intention that you win and you go to top gun forever. So if you had a closed sample group eventually everyone would get the trophy in the main group. Of course in reality there's always new people and only one person moves to top gun each year meaning the "yet unnamed" group will likely always remain the largest and be very competitive.
mcsinc wrote:Thought of a name for the second group?
Nope - open to suggestions. I've heard of clubs using Top Dog and Underdog or Pro and Amateur or "Best of the Rest", but those sound demeaning. The intent is actually the opposite - we want top gun to be the outcasts and the main group to be the standard :lol:
mcsinc wrote:Nice driving for someone without a chance of winning. :shock:
I was shocked - I was pretty sure Rob was untouchable. Hence the question of the "Rob Rule" - I think it's quite possible that he could win top gun
SkinnyG wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a "Novice Series" for folks in their first year. It might hold people who are just trying it out, but leave because they are nowhere near winning. I don't know how easy that would be logistically....
Yes - we've talked about a novice series before. From a scoring perspective I can make it happen quite easily. We usually come up with 2 issues:

#1 - We don't necessarily have enough people to count only first year people. Being #1 when only 2 novices have enough events doesn't seem worth the effort. Maybe first two years?

#2 - Counting 75% of the events doesn't work so well for people that start part way through the year. Maybe count 40% of the total events? Or minimum 5 events and use average score? Or just best 5 races? I sort of prefer just best 5 races (or 6? Or 7?) because it does somewhat favor those who attend more events.

Anybody have thoughts/suggestions? Post or PM me....
Hamshonads
Street Touring Class

Post by Hamshonads »

Brain wrote:I was shocked - I was pretty sure Rob was untouchable. Hence the question of the "Rob Rule" - I think it's quite possible that he could win top gun
Ohh i dunno about that..

But i hope i can put the "rob rule" in effect! :lol:
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

mcsinc wrote:How about 3 bottom placings in top gun = bump the other way ?
I was actually just kidding -- typing on a teeny iphone at 12 AM apparently doesn't work that well. lol

Novices - best 5 sounds good. If they haven't done 5 and come out the following year, they can be eligible for that year.

Is it just me or does Hamshonads remind you of another young guy who started a few years ago and started destroying everyone with alien driving skillz :o

p.s Hamshonads - what kind of name is that ?! anagram??
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Hamshonads
Street Touring Class

Post by Hamshonads »

mcsinc wrote:p.s Hamshonads - what kind of name is that ?! anagram??

It was supposed to be hamiltons hondas and it kind of morphed into hamshonads and stuck :?
brucethebrat
Street Prepared Class

Post by brucethebrat »

I like the idea of bumping up a 3 time winner. We will have to discuss the name of the "also rans" over beer/coke next Thursday.