Eliminator Weekend

autoschmidt
Street Touring Class

Eliminator Weekend

Post by autoschmidt »

A few questions about the upcoming weekend:

What is the format of the weekend going to be?
Are the registry and race times the same as a regular weekend?
Will lunch be provided?
Are the entry fees different from a regular race day?

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering. :geek:
RichardMotion
Street Touring Class

Re: Eliminator Weekend

Post by RichardMotion »

Curious about all the same questions....
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

Format will be the same/similar to last year. Two courses Saturday and 1 Sunday morning. Scored as best 2 of 3. Shootout rounds will be Sunday afternoon - everyone makes the shootout. Should be 6-10 runs per day. Same as last year we'll have a top gun group and a regular group.

Registration and start times will be the same as usual.

I have no idea about lunch.....I think so....maybe?

No idea on entry fees.
brucethebrat
Street Prepared Class

Post by brucethebrat »

The fee will be $40 for all or part of the weekend. This includes pizza on Saturday and coffee and muffins on Sunday. I advise you bring a lunch for Sunday as well.

Water will be available for 50 cents.

All trophies will be presented at Richard's wind up party.
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

How about we make it $30 for people that can only make Sunday?

Qualification for the Top Gun Group will be anyone who scored 98.0 points or more in a 2015 Vernon event. Those people are:
Aaron S
Matt S
Wade S
Vince N
Richard M
Ron C
Devon B
Brian H

Anyone who didn't race Vernon in 2015 but has won the Eliminator or another big event (Cdn Nationals, BC Champs, Kumho Super Challenge, Packwood Class, etc) will also be placed in Top Gun.

Everyone else will be in the regular group which creates a level playing field in both groups.

How the event works:

Saturday will be run almost like a regular event with one major exception. The morning and afternoon will be scored as two separate events. Pizza will be served for lunch between the two events at which point we will change the course. Don't worry - you don't have to learn a whole new course, but we will change the way it looks. Same pattern, but some changes.... a square corner might become a round corner or a slalom might become a bus stop etc.

Sunday morning will be the third event (different course than Saturday).

Sunday afternoon will be the Eliminator rounds. How many rounds is time and attendance dependent, but basically your standings from the 3 events (using the best 2 of 3 scores) will determine your position in the shootout.

In the shootout rounds two drivers are paired and race against each other (no - not at the same time, but back to back). The winner advances and the loser drops to the next bracket. This goes through several rounds until we are left with a winner for each group.

Basically win or lose everyone will get 6-10 runs per day depending on attendance, time, natural disasters etc.

Questions? Fire away....

Sorry for the short notice - sometimes life gets in the way of racing :(