Tire PAX

Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Re: Tire PAX

Post by Brain »

SteveW wrote:Unlikely to happen but I'd like to see a 15" 200TW tires come that is wider than a 225.
245/40/15 Maxxis VR-1 is now available. http://shop.maxxis.com/c/automotive_vic ... ted_post=1

Price would be reasonable if the exchange rate wasn't so bad ($145 USD). Only available direct from Maxxis and only shipped to continental US.

Tires have already been tested by Andy Hollis and David Whitener using MIchael Wooton's STR NB Miata (probably the fastest STR NB in existence). Results are being released in Grassroots Motorsports as a comparison to the 225/45/15 BFG Rival S on a couple different wheel widths. Since GRM paid for the testing there will be nothing official until the magazine is published. I would suggest jumping on them now - they're likely to sell out fast.....
SteveW
Street Touring Class

Post by SteveW »

These tires will apparently also be offered through Maxxis Canada... maxxiscanada.com though they can not say when... what to do?
Brain

Post by Brain »

Sorry can't help you - nobody seems to know
Brain

Post by Brain »

Maxxis USA has a small shipment arriving this week, (which I expect will sell out quickly,) and a larger shipment arriving at the end of this month. Still no idea when Maxxis Canada will see them.