#9 - Sunday Aug 21, 2016

mcsinc
Prepared Class

Re: #9 - Sunday Aug 21, 2016

Post by mcsinc »

Hey riceracer, welcome to the forum. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I recognize how much thought and consideration Brain puts into these things. I'm just trying to get my post count up. LOL. Seriously though, I was just voicing my opinion about the part of the course I didn't like. Also, commenting on the part of Brain's comment that I thought was contradictory, which he clarified so that I understood where he was coming from with the comment. It's all good.

Btw, we should also give special thanks to all those that are coming early to set up and everyone else for helping take down and put away the equipment. Not to mention you guys for driving the trailer back and forth each race!
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

980 posts over entire forum:
Brain 325 33.2%
See23 203 20.7%
Mcsinc 80 8.2%
Spigot 48 4.8%
SkinnyG 40 4.1%
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
SkinnyG
Street Prepared Class

Post by SkinnyG »

And I'm hardly here at all.
Lethal Locost - street legal roller skate
Fiendish Firefly - 5.7lbs of engine in a 1lb bag
Crusty Chevy - shortboxed and dropped, potato potato
miatalvr
Street Class

Post by miatalvr »

I found the course left alot of room for me too attempt to improve, great. Thanks for all your time and creativity Brian and set up gang. Finally a post.
SkinnyG
Street Prepared Class

Post by SkinnyG »

I don't care for pinch points and pivot cones, but I understand why they are there. I also recognize the challenge to have a variety of course layouts in a relatively restrictive lot design.

I ~do~ enjoy a course layout that has very open elements, where one has to decide how best to tackle it. I don't like "the smallest car wins, because it fits," but I also don't like straights where "the biggest power wins." I like trying to find the fastest line through a course that can have a variety of techniques or approaches.

Not that it matters anymore, now that I don't race H/Stock. I set my goals and vision, but really just try to collect the vehicle the whole way through. My brain is slower than my cars.
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

Sorry "SkinnyG" but who are you? :?
I thought you were Greg Wellwood but I can't recall seeing you race this year.
Maybe John is right, we need real names connected to forum names so Richard Motion quites getting message meant for See23. :roll:
Feel. Don't think.
SkinnyG
Street Prepared Class

Post by SkinnyG »

Am I not allowed any input? Are you telling me to Flock off? Sounds like it.
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

SkinnyG wrote:Am I not allowed any input? Are you telling me to Flock off? Sounds like it.
Hmm... Uh no.?

Course design has changed a lot this year so I wasn't sure if you had experienced Brian's latest experiments in "creativity".
Honestly, I wasn't 100% sure if Skinny G was you.
Feel. Don't think.
5centSi
Street Touring Class

Post by 5centSi »

Oh Flock! Can I say that on the Forum!? What a way to return with a Post! Feels good! :lol:

So this has been probably the best topic so far this season. I’ll put my 5 cents into it from the beginning to Hmm… Uh no.?
I won’t quote statements, my comments cover all the way through the pinch points, and if you’ve read all the pages of this Topic, you’ll know what and who I’m referring to…

Congrats to Sir Richard on the Season.

So wtf is a pinch point? I never heard of it when I was racing up to June last year, so it never bothered me. Technical jargon is best for great course designers like Brain. Don’t think about the pinch points, pivot cones, walls and porta potties…even King Richard spun into the inside corner but the problem is sometimes it leads to a spin into a backwards drift to the outside where the porta potty is located. Oh shit! :o

Just drive and have fun with the Kenny Cones. With no preconceived idea about pinch points, I’ve always had my field of view thinking several cones ahead, if I can see them with my failing eyes! ;) Any course is fun factor. What I’ve noticed through the years, is that Brain does an awesome job at course design for safety and fun factor. That’s why everyone comes back to race. I know it’s been 15 months since I raced but I do have an excuse. :cry:
I feel Brain’s pain about driving a FWD car with zero torque. Welcome to my Civic Wise One! I agree with Brain that everyone drives the same pattern, I’ve just had to learn to drive my ‘lines’ within the boundaries of the course layout to extract the fastest speed out of my FWD zero torque Stock Civic. I suspect some have thought the PAX for my car has always been too good?

So that’s my feedback to middle of page 2.

Page 3: Not many posts for me, <1 %. But I have been reading the Topics and Posts over the last year.

Course design has changed a lot this year :?: So if I can get out to a race again, I’ll feel like a Newbie! :?

Man, I sure miss AutoX!!

By the way, I'm Vince for the new racers and posters...
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

Pinch Point or PP is a new term as of this thread.
It may have appeared as a Kenny cone in the past but a Kenny cone can be found at locations other then a PP.

If a Kenny cone happens to be a PP as well then it can now best be described as Kennys PP.

Good thing there's no Brian cone. :o
Feel. Don't think.