April 24

5centSi
Street Touring Class

Re: April 24

Post by 5centSi »

Giant house arrest bracelet = Go Pro Remote = 0.873s too heavy? :P

Nice course Brain.

The WiseOne is providing great tips...Kenny Cones and key cones show actual arcs = set steering input for a smooth radius as Steve made through the whole corner. I think 'arcs' when I drive a course only because sometimes the limit of slower a car (my car) cannot take shorter and tight lines like faster cars, so driving to the capability of your car with smooth arcs in mind I think helps...who is Young Grasshopper to say, I'm rusty, not a Pro and always learn, even by watching hands and steering inputs in the videos I'm learning. Great stuff for beginners to watch for.
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

The Kenny Cone is definitely a good idea. See23 --you should understand this as he just about became a "Port'o'Potty" terrorist one year, on that specific corner.

Brain had a good point in that identifying crucial cones is one of THE most important skills you can develop. After over hearing some chatter at lunch, I shaved almost 1.5 seconds off my time by driving a different line :) And after watching See23's videos (about 10 times :s) I can see where I could have picked up more time. NOT in the places I was thinking..."too soon Junior"

Thanks everyone for a great first day!
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
RichardMotion
Street Touring Class

Post by RichardMotion »

I feel I need to clarify... when I said "regardless of track layout".. I meant nothing in the way of complaining. I have enjoyed every event so far, and track layout is always a new experience and I view it as a chance to learn the car and this 4 wheeled stuff over anything else.
I understand the effort that is put forth and the dedication of the organizing individuals is best I've seen in any club so far.
If offence was taken to my previous comment I truly sincerley apologize this is not how it was meant.

JIm
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

RichardMotion wrote:If offence was taken to my previous comment I truly sincerley apologize this is not how it was meant
No offence taken - I didn't read it that way.

Anyway - I like to hear what people have to say even if it is bad. Helps me understand what the majority likes. I'm my own biggest critic when it comes to course design, so I usually think it sucks long before everyone else figures it out :mrgreen:
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

Kenny Can-O-worms!

Thick skinned Brain knows I'm one of his most sympathetic and understanding advocates and, sometimes(often?), critic of his course designs.
There are huge limitations for flow, time, safety and fun factor etc. that need to be considered without being the same every week.
Kenny may be "gimmicky" but he's always fun to talk about and I'm sure he'll be back for the next episode.
Feel. Don't think.
SteveW
Street Touring Class

Post by SteveW »

Hope I'm not too late to the convo...

Always an awesome opportunity to drive a properly sorted car! Thanks Richard! Me thinks luck was on my side on Sunday... It's not like me to hit so few cones lol ... U also kinda psych'd yourself out from the start :shock:

Great course Brian... maybe lacked a bit of flow compared with the previous week, but good fun! ... made finding a smooth line more of a challenge. It's awesome that we are able to do 8 runs and build on each of the previous runs.

Observations? ... I haven't been out to many events the last few years and it was nice to see some of the new young guns showing up! I was super impressed with how they ran in the afternoon and hopefully they stick with it as it will create some awesome competition throughout the field.

Vince, get out to the next event! You are always fast... Heck you are an eliminator champ!
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

[quote="SteveW"]Hope I'm not too late to the convo...

Always an awesome opportunity to drive a properly sorted car! Thanks Richard! Me thinks luck was on my side on Sunday... It's not like me to hit so few cones lol ... U also kinda psych'd yourself out from the start :shock:
quote]

Nope. Not to late until the next event. IMO
You're welcome and thank you. I like the pressure and to see my car perform (who built that thing anyways?)
And yes I did psych myself out. I'm a victim of my own mind games, once again. :cry:
My starts were stupid slow and I let off where you stayed on it. Learned something.
Feel. Don't think.
5centSi
Street Touring Class

Post by 5centSi »

Nope. Not to late until the next event. IMO
You're welcome and thank you. I like the pressure and to see my car perform (who built that thing anyways?)
And yes I did psych myself out. I'm a victim of my own mind games, once again. :cry:
My starts were stupid slow and I let off where you stayed on it. Learned something.
Nope!
I still think from my observations of the video, your "Giant House Arrest Bracelet" was 0.873 seconds too heavy!
If you compare steering actions of both pair of hands, you were handicapped from the extra weight on your right wrist that created back-to-centre steering wheel lag, and slightly slower left-right movements. Too much correction, however slight by the eye, messed up the throttle response at the start and through the course. :P

Kidding aside, it's great that you share seat-time with Steve and post video to capture comparisons between the two of you, awesome, seasoned drivers! It's good for the Rookies and Young Guns to watch. By the way, I still consider myself a Rookie because if I was thrown into your car I would be lagging behind big time, because I don't drive rear wheel. ;)
SteveW
Street Touring Class

Post by SteveW »

See23 wrote: My starts were stupid slow and I let off where you stayed on it. Learned something.
slow in fast out right ;)

mang I just hope that my car is as fun around the autoX course as yours... and faster too haha
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

SteveW wrote: mang I just hope that my car is as fun around the autoX course as yours... and faster too haha
Your cars going to be a blast! I look forward to seeing it run... hopefully this year. ;)
Feel. Don't think.