About course layout

What you need to know to start racing
K1200s
Street Class

About course layout

Post by K1200s »

:ugeek:
Couple decades since I last autocrossed(solo), and was wondering if there is a selection of layouts that have been used here in the past. I would like to try to get an idea of what they have looked like. Have watched one this year in Kelowna, looking forward to getting the Audi out there.. I seems huge compared to the MR2s I ran <back in the dark ages ;) >
TIA..david
riceracer
Street Prepared Class

Re: About course layout

Post by riceracer »

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are looking for, if you mean course maps of events I'm not sure if we really have too many as they course design is usually made at the time the course is being built and could be changed or altered right up until the course walk. Being such a difficult lot to make a course in we don't really have any specific layouts, if you want to message me I can give you more info or maybe answer your question better. ;)
K1200s
Street Class

Post by K1200s »

Thanks.. was just curious .. kinda looking to see if I could get in the 'mindset' of the organizers.. lol.. I don't want to DNF too many getting lost on the course, ol' guy thing.
BossII
Street Touring Class

Post by BossII »

K1200s wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:49 am Thanks.. was just curious .. kinda looking to see if I could get in the 'mindset' of the organizers.. lol.. I don't want to DNF too many getting lost on the course, ol' guy thing.
I'm new to the autocross thing, i usually have one or two DNF until i memorize the course. If i do mess up the guys are really good at letting you know where you went wrong also watching the other cars go first helps. Overall the courses are easy enough to remember, just come out and have fun.