Newbie - wanna come out Thursday the 18th at OK College

What you need to know to start racing
bbracer
Street Class

Newbie - wanna come out Thursday the 18th at OK College

Post by bbracer »

Ran into you guys quite by accident one stormy Thursday about a month ago at Okanagan College.... my picts sucked but blogged it quickly on relicsofspeed.com

Need to come out now and give it a try - hoping for this Thursday the 18th.

I know my all purpose 2000 Ford Focus is a good place to start avoiding cones and it will be the driver who is woefully inadequate and not the car. Wanna build a proper car for my page and have been leaning towards an EF Civic hatch! Been collecting parts for that already so just working on the actual car once my garage gets built.

Until that happens - I would like to give it a shot. I can find the right helmet, signed up for the forum, read a few things, what next? Show up with the membership fee and the cash for the day?
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Re: Newbie - wanna come out Thursday the 18th at OK College

Post by Brain »

Yes it's really just that simple. I would suggest showing up between 5 and 5:15. That gives you time to get the paperwork filled out and find your way around.

Oh and the Focus is a decent car to start out in - a couple years ago some clown won the season in a Focus :mrgreen:
bbracer
Street Class

Post by bbracer »

Ok thanks - my helmet is in Calgary so just trying to track down an xl helmet for my big melon. Haven't really found anything local that has the right rating. Hope to make it out Thursday!!
bbracer
Street Class

Post by bbracer »

Just found out this post had to be approved.

Coming out still - just getting the melon protector. Is a SA2005 Helmet good to go? Looks like in a previous post that it would be ok - it says Snell 2005 in the post so just triple checking here that i can use the SA2005. Thanks.
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

SA2005 should be legal although there is some confusion around it this year. One part of the rulebook says 2005 expired....while another section says it's still valid. So if that's what you've got then yes it's fine.

If you're buying I would get something newer as the 2005 rated helmets definitely expire next year when 2020 versions are available for sale.