Post by spigot52 »

Was just checking Bridgestone RE-71R 255/40-17:
1167.00 Cdn to Oroville from Tire Rack
820.00 Cdn from Costco Kelowna
See23
Modified Class

Re: Tire Prices

Post by See23 »

That's a good price! Never thought of Costco.
Soooo is Char racing the MX5 this year?
Feel. Don't think.
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

This is true. I know the car to beat this year has already secured some BStones from Costco. No not me :lol:

Costco takes about a week to get the tires and will not mount if the wheel width is not within the recommended spec for the tire. They also don't have all the sizes - last time I looked there was no 15" sizes

Also these two out of Quebec seem to be better than we can currently buy out of the US

http://www.talontire.com and https://pmctire.com/en/
Brain

Post by Brain »

Bridgestones are on sale at Costco including the RE71R. $70 off a set of 4 from Mar 7 to Apr 3. Tire Centre manager is Jamie Dimsdale - w059tsm@costco.com. Seems like a decent guy - very helpful. Cheapest price I've found - get them while supplies last........
Mazda3
Street Touring Class

Post by Mazda3 »

I was at Costco on the 9th, they called Bridgestone for me, no ETA on tires in 15 inch sizes...
brucethebrat
Street Prepared Class

Post by brucethebrat »

Bought some from 1010tires.com They are Canadian and worked out to be very close to Tirerack.
Brain

Post by Brain »

In my oddball size Costco is more than 25% cheaper than 1010 tires. Might be worth a phone call to ask 1010 about price matching. Costco has prices on their website. Oh.....but I imagine you bought 15" - Costco didn't list a price for that size last time I looked.

James - try talontire.com or pmctire.com. Both in Quebec and both usually cheaper than 1010. I also heard that in Alberta Kal Tire is matching Costco prices - at one store anyway, not sure about all of them. Maybe check with Aaron about that?

I'm starting to get the impression though that BStones are going to be in short supply. Tirerack is expecting a couple containers on May 6 - they might corner the market.....wouldn't be the first time that has happened.
brucethebrat
Street Prepared Class

Post by brucethebrat »

This week at Costco 205x15 Bridgestone RE71R for $593 fully installed. That is $270 less than I paid at 1010tires but that doesn't help if they can't get them.
SkinnyG
Street Prepared Class

Post by SkinnyG »

I got a set of Federal SS-595 in Unicorn size 185/60R13 for $300, shipped. Clearly a better tire than my 10-year old Sumitomo HTR-200's, but not likely going to be a front-of-the-pack tire. I'll make up for it in style.
Lethal Locost - street legal roller skate
Fiendish Firefly - 5.7lbs of engine in a 1lb bag
Crusty Chevy - shortboxed and dropped, potato potato