Hello Folks!

What you need to know to start racing
DawgStrip
Street Class

Hello Folks!

Post by DawgStrip »

Hey guys,

We just came across the Okanagan Autocross. We are from Kamloops. We have done demolition derby and mini stock racing, perhaps Autocross would be fun to get into. What do you say, would our Hamster be welcome on track ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJB96kstveU
See23
Modified Class

Re: Hello Folks!

Post by See23 »

Hello 2u2!
Not sure about the car being competitive but I'm sure you'd have fun.
You guys seem weird enough so I think you'll fit right in.
The more the merrier!
Feel. Don't think.
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

I hate to be a downer, but I highly doubt that car is legal for autocross. First couple things that come to mind is the wheelbase is likely too short and the roll bar probably isn't adequate.
SkinnyG
Street Prepared Class

Post by SkinnyG »

It doesn't look like it would fit in D/Mod due to the shortened pan, however A/Mod (a catch-all for the unusual) has a minimum wheelbase of 72".

The decision, however, on "questionably stable" vehicles, rests with the event steward. It's ultimately their call (because it's their insurance and liability at risk).
Lethal Locost - street legal roller skate
Fiendish Firefly - 5.7lbs of engine in a 1lb bag
Crusty Chevy - shortboxed and dropped, potato potato
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

Test it. It's gots a roll cage and 5 point harness.
At the very least it'd be fun to see it on its side, roof or both ...maybe more than once. :P

I'll volunteer!
Feel. Don't think.
Mazda3
Street Touring Class

Post by Mazda3 »

Or simplify come out, we can try and help you and you can do a "ride along" with us...cheers!
DawgStrip
Street Class

Post by DawgStrip »

Thank you all for the warm welcome. We are a happy go lucky bunch so we are not too worried if the Hamster race legal or competitive, we just wonder if you'll let it go around the track a few times.

Come spring time we'll be starting another project. Our 24 hours of LeMons race car. A 1985 hearse! With the modifications this car will be getting I am sure it will be fun on track.
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

DawgStrip wrote:we are not too worried if the Hamster race legal or competitive, we just wonder if you'll let it go around the track a few times
Sorry, but it's not that simple. If the car doesn't meet the definition of legal according to the rules then it can't run - it's an insurance thing. The more I contemplate your car the more I'm positive that it's not legal......