TIRES

RichardMotion
Street Touring Class

TIRES

Post by RichardMotion »

Thinking of upgrading the Toy car.
stock wheels are 17's and there is a 18 staggered factory upgrade. what would be the size to go with for a street/autoX tire
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Re: TIRES

Post by Brain »

Need more info...

What kind of car?

Autocross or street - which is the priority?

Knowing nothing about your application..... 255/40/17 Bridgestone RE71R
RichardMotion
Street Touring Class

Post by RichardMotion »

Yeah I suppose that info would have been good to add.
looks like something in the area of 215/45-17 for stock on all 4. Or staggered 215/40 18 front and 225/40 18 rear.
FR-S not sure if the deal is gonna happen but front engine rear drive rated at 200hp.
Having a real good time at these events and wanna do more. Considering committing next year to the stuff in the valley.
just gotta check the rule book to see where the car lands class wise.
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

Yup - see that's valuable info. The twins (FRS/BRZ) are probably the best and most popular car right now for CS (Stock) and/or STX (coilovers, etc). STX prep won't be cheap though.

The stock Prius tires suck for autocross so you'll definitely want to ditch them quick. You want Bridgestone RE71R in either class. I believe the fast cars are running 225/45/17 in CS and 245/40/17 in STX (allowed wider wheels). There's a ton of info on these cars on the interwebs - I know several people that race them if you want some tips on what works and what doesn't.

I would suggest adding a front sway bar and Bridgestones to an otherwise stock car. That should easily be competitive locally in the right hands ..... so it will only be the rookie driver holding it back :lol: