2019 Eliminator - Sep 21 & 22 (Sat & Sun)

Brain
Da Brains of da operation

2019 Eliminator - Sep 21 & 22 (Sat & Sun)

Post by Brain »

How the event works:

Saturday will be run almost like a regular event with one exception. The morning and afternoon will be scored as two separate events. Pizza will be served for lunch (I think we charged an extra $5 or something last year?) between the two events at which point we will change the course. Don't worry - you don't have to learn a whole new course, but we will change the way it looks. Same pattern, but some changes.... a square corner might become a round corner or a slalom might become a bus stop etc.

Sunday morning will be the third event (different course than Saturday).

Sunday afternoon will be the Eliminator rounds. How many rounds is time and attendance dependent, but basically your standings from the 3 events (using the best 2 of 3 scores) will determine your position in the shootout.

In the shootout rounds two drivers are paired and race against each other (no - not at the same time, but back to back). The winner advances and the loser drops to the next bracket. This goes through several rounds until we are left with a winner for each group.

Basically win or lose everyone will get 6-10 runs per day depending on attendance, time, natural disasters etc.

Yes - we still run if it's raining.

Questions? Fire away....
Brain

Re: 2019 Eliminator - Sep 21 & 22 (Sat & Sun)

Post by Brain »

Bump - Eliminator is this weekend. Be there 8-)
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

Does it have to be the same car on both days ? Just askin' for a friend...
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Brain

Post by Brain »

mcsinc wrote:Does it have to be the same car on both days ? Just askin' for a friend...

Does this "friend" happen to have one car that is very good in the dry and one car that is very good in the wet? :lol:

But to answer the question - it doesn't matter. It's been done a few times in the past where people have switched cars for Sunday. PAX gets adjusted accordingly of course.....
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

Brain wrote: Does this "friend" happen to have one car that is very good in the dry and one car that is very good in the wet? :lol:
thinking.gif
thinking.gif (1.47 MiB) Viewed 18150 times
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
doublow7
Street Touring Class

Post by doublow7 »

I was out at a couple of the OC events this summer and I’m interested in coming up to Vernon. I’m only able to come up Sunday, would I still be able to run? What’s the pricing for Vernon?
Brain

Post by Brain »

doublow7 wrote:I was out at a couple of the OC events this summer and I’m interested in coming up to Vernon. I’m only able to come up Sunday, would I still be able to run? What’s the pricing for Vernon?

Sorry - just noticed this now. I hope you came out :oops:
doublow7
Street Touring Class

Post by doublow7 »

Brain wrote:
doublow7 wrote:I was out at a couple of the OC events this summer and I’m interested in coming up to Vernon. I’m only able to come up Sunday, would I still be able to run? What’s the pricing for Vernon?

Sorry - just noticed this now. I hope you came out :oops:
It’s all good. I did make it out. It was a good time, looking forward to next year!

edit: I don’t know why I’m able to approve my own posts.
Brain

Post by Brain »

doublow7 wrote:edit: I don’t know why I’m able to approve my own posts.
Technical difficulties - that's been fixed now. Thanks Wayne