Vernon future

brucethebrat
Street Prepared Class

Vernon future

Post by brucethebrat »

So far we have lost about $1000 on the Vernon venue. I need to know if you want to keep this location and if you will be willing to pay $40 or even $50 to use it.

We will likely have a lot at UBCO for next year but it is not a great autocross lot, being divided up the middle.

Post your comments on this thread.
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Re: Vernon future

Post by Brain »

brucethebrat wrote:So far we have lost about $1000 on the Vernon venue. I need to know if you want to keep this location and if you will be willing to pay $40 or even $50 to use it.
I get that we have to pay for the lot, the permit/insurance, the porta-potty and the fence......but $1000 loss? How can that be? Are you accounting for the Eliminator potential income to offset the toilet/fence? How are punch cards being accounted for in the income?

Can we just use the washroom facilities inside the building in the future? Seems like the fencing and the toilet rental are the wildcard since we pay for several months and only use them a handful of times.....

To put it in perspective. Pitt Meadows races range from $52 to $60. Calgary ranges from $40-$80 and Fort Macleod $30-$60. Personally I think $40 for Vernon is a fair price.
brucethebrat wrote:We will likely have a lot at UBCO for next year but it is not a great autocross lot, being divided up the middle.
The UBCO lot is smaller than the KLO college lot. It will in no way replace the size and/or speed and/or course design potential that we have in Vernon
Hamshonads
Street Touring Class

Post by Hamshonads »

I see no issue in paying 40$ for vernon
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

Ummm ya expensive when we only have 4-5 races per season. If we can get coordinated enough with out of town races, we should be able to have more races and more revenue. Ie less expense per race

But I would agree that 40 is not unreasonable for a day of racing (6-8 runs). And even 15 in Kelowna
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
solorex
Street Touring Class

Post by solorex »

I know I have been MIA this year, but I feel $40 for the day is totally reasonable.