2016 Eliminator - Sept 24 & 25

Brain
Da Brains of da operation

2016 Eliminator - Sept 24 & 25

Post by Brain »

Qualification for the Top Gun Group will be anyone who scored 98.5 points or more in a 2016 Vernon event. Those people are:
Richard M
Matt S
Wade S
Shawn C
Wayne T
Martin W
Brian H
Shafto
Steve W
Will D
Jon B
Brian L

Anyone who didn't race Vernon in 2016, but has won the Eliminator or another big event (Cdn Nationals, BC Champs, Kumho Super Challenge, Packwood Class, etc) will also be placed in Top Gun.

Everyone else will be in the regular group which should create a level playing field in both groups.

How the event works:

Saturday will be run almost like a regular event with one major exception. The morning and afternoon will be scored as two separate events. Pizza will be served for lunch (I think we charged an extra $5 or something last year?) between the two events at which point we will change the course. Don't worry - you don't have to learn a whole new course, but we will change the way it looks. Same pattern, but some changes.... a square corner might become a round corner or a slalom might become a bus stop etc.

Sunday morning will be the third event (different course than Saturday).

Sunday afternoon will be the Eliminator rounds. How many rounds is time and attendance dependent, but basically your standings from the 3 events (using the best 2 of 3 scores) will determine your position in the shootout.

In the shootout rounds two drivers are paired and race against each other (no - not at the same time, but back to back). The winner advances and the loser drops to the next bracket. This goes through several rounds until we are left with a winner for each group.

Basically win or lose everyone will get 6-10 runs per day depending on attendance, time, natural disasters etc.

Questions? Fire away....
5centSi
Street Touring Class

Re: 2016 Eliminator - Sept 24 & 25

Post by 5centSi »

Questions? Fire away....
I missed Eliminator last year, don't know if it was free, but from the information provided for this year, it appears I only have to pay $5 bucks a day for pizza and I get to race for free? Awesome! :lol:
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

5centSi wrote:from the information provided for this year, it appears I only have to pay $5 bucks a day for pizza and I get to race for free?
Brain wrote:we charged an extra $5
ex·tra

adjective
1.added to an existing or usual amount or number.

adverb
1.to a greater extent than usual.
2.in addition.

noun
1.an item in addition to what is usual or strictly necessary.
5centSi
Street Touring Class

Post by 5centSi »

Extra! EXTRA!! Read All About It !!!
Me Fail ! You too funny :P
I thought someone would post how much EXTRA the Event will cost so I can afford the pizza! But pizza is "not strictly necessary" as per noun.
I'm so out of practice Posting and Racing...the Eliminators used to cost extra (not part of the Series), but I checked the OBCC site and it's clear 'The Eliminator' is included in the 2016 Schedule, so..."Each event costs $30 per driver"
I figured it out myself! :o