Lethal Locost - street legal roller skate
Fiendish Firefly - 5.7lbs of engine in a 1lb bag
Crusty Chevy - shortboxed and dropped, potato potato
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Re: Now what?

Post by Brain »

Quote from the Vernon Morning Star
A final design for the new ice sheet will now be developed over the next nine to to 12 months and it's anticipated that the new arena will be completed by the fall of 2018.

Here's my unofficial opinion.....

That probably means we will be able to use the existing lot for all or at least part of 2016. I presume by the time the thing is finished and in use (ie the spring of 2019) they will figure out that they need more parking. Hopefully whatever they do is a layout that we can use. I'm guessing parking will likely go north - where the go-kart club keeps all their tires. That would be ideal for us as it moves the lot further away from the main residential area, keeps us out of the public eye, and keeps access controllable (likely the existing entrance and possibly on on the north end off Old Kamloops Road).

The wild card in this equation is the horse race track, but the use of that land could be tied up in court for years.

As usual....if anyone has any ideas for a new location please let Bruce or myself know and we will investigate.
Mazda3
Street Touring Class

Post by Mazda3 »

What about the race track outside of town, its barely used...
SkinnyG
Street Prepared Class

Post by SkinnyG »

We raced there years ago, when the events were run by the Kelowna Corvette Club. That site has had its fair share of complaining neigbours over the years.
Lethal Locost - street legal roller skate
Fiendish Firefly - 5.7lbs of engine in a 1lb bag
Crusty Chevy - shortboxed and dropped, potato potato
angryturtle
Street Prepared Class

Post by angryturtle »

Area 27 is officially breaking ground Dec. 16th. Still one founding membership left. Only $30,000 I think. Not autocross but almost as fun. :D
Does refusing to go to the gym count as resistance training? :?