Topgun round 3
Attachments
ae13.png
ae13.png (14.84 KiB) Viewed 16063 times
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Re: 2019 Eliminator Results

Post by Brain »

Topgun final round - Wayne and Steve in the same car! Steve Wolter for the win! But Wayne.....I'm so impressed you were staying so close to Steve - I hope you realize that's an accomplishment in itself. Excellent driving both of you 8-)
Attachments
ae14.png
ae14.png (9.58 KiB) Viewed 16063 times
Last edited by Brain on Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riceracer
Street Prepared Class

Post by riceracer »

Well done Steve and congratulations on your win :D , we’ll done Wayne with keeping up and bringing the right car to the event , you both drove very well 8-)
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

Great fun! Good decision on the car. Bad decision on the co-driver :mrgreen: All joking aside, Steve is an awesome driver and I surprised myself at being up there with him.

I was talking to someone earlier in the day relating how much the local autocross has progressed from the early days when I started: the timer was a dude sitting at a fold-up camping picnic table with pen, paper and a hand held MECHANICAL stopwatch! I think only a few of you would remember that lol

Thank you to everyone for all your hard work, not only for the eliminator, but for the year(s) of autocross.
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Brain

Post by Brain »

Some random thoughts from the day in no particular order......

There was at least one person who mentioned that the tires on the Vette were 180 treadwear and the minimum is 200 in Street class. True - except for the following. Quoted because I'm sure people think I just make up rules sometimes :mrgreen:

13.3 TIRES
C.Other
1. Any tire which is OE on a car eligible for Street Category may be used on that car in Regional Solo® events. OE tires must meet all requirements of Section 13.3 to be eligible for National Solo® events.

And I assure you the RE71R, Rival, or A052 would have been faster.

Lots of people thanked me for everything I do......while that's appreciated I certainly don't do it alone. Bruce, Matt, Ben, Alan are all heavily involved in the organization. Matt and/or Alan always make sure the trailer gets there. Wade P, Tim and Amanda are usually there early helping setup. Wayne looks after the forum. Wade S stores the trailer. No doubt I'm forgetting somebody and for that I apologize :?

Amanda, April and Wil - great job with timing. The Eliminator is a crazy event to try and keep everything running smoothly. I really appreciate you guys staying calm and getting the job done.

I must thank Mrs Fast Eddie for the cookies. They were awesome 8-)

Aliens.....I'm always amazed at the quality of drivers we have locally. I hope the casual autocrosser actually understands how good some of these people are.

Steve - only raced a couple times this year. Never drove the Subaru before Saturday morning. Has a total of maybe 20 minutes? in the car.....and wins. Crazy.....

Aaron/April - yeah everybody knows they're good. But do you realize they are on tires that are at least 5 years old. And all the good shocks etc are on the road race car not the autocross car. Yeah crazy......

Kym - that Vette has 650 HP and 650 lb-ft of torque. Sure it's easy to see how that car is fast in a straight line. But a tight course on a tiny little lot? I continue to be baffled by how Kym fits those big cars through the course and is able to win with such a tough pax when he really can't use the power. Crazy.......

Just a few examples of how good local competition really is - and I see some new people coming up that really impress me too

Thanks to everybody who was at the event. I know it can seem kind of chaotic sometimes. Thank you to everybody for getting the work assignments covered and just generally making the event fun for all. I hope everybody had a good time and enjoyed the weekend. Thoughts, comments, criticism are always welcome. Post on the forum, send me a PM or just talk to me at the windup party if you have anything to contribute.

I want to personally thank Matt. I don't think he gets enough credit for what he does......and alot of the time I get credit for what he does do. Along with bringing the trailer most of the time, he's always involved in course setup/timing/etc and when I'm not there he takes over those things. Thank you Matt - couldn't do it without you 8-)
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

Brain wrote:Steve - only raced a couple times this year. Never drove the Subaru before Saturday morning. Has a total of maybe 20 minutes? in the car.....and wins. Crazy.....
Ummm...correction for alien factor = x1.2: He has NEVER driven my car BEFORE this Sunday!!!
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Brain

Post by Brain »

mcsinc wrote:
Brain wrote:Steve - only raced a couple times this year. Never drove the Subaru before Saturday morning. Has a total of maybe 20 minutes? in the car.....and wins. Crazy.....
Ummm...correction for alien factor = x1.2: He has NEVER driven my car BEFORE this Sunday!!!
Crap - you're right. Forgot he drove the Porsche on Saturday. Just looked at the Sunday morning results - when all things were equal and it was still dry - he had top pax out of 35 drivers.....and his second run ever in the car was a faster raw time than his winning run :lol: