New Continuation Topic AngryTurtleThread from 2015 Race Results June 7

5centSi
Street Touring Class

New Continuation Topic AngryTurtleThread from 2015 Race Results June 7

Post by 5centSi »

angryturtle wrote:Hi Vince,

We missed you at autocross this year. It is funny but I noticed someone by the name of 'Doris B Nickel' writing so passionately about possibly loosing our autocross venue in Vernon. I was wondering, " Who is this Doris B Nickel" Then I realized it was you. I think it is fairly clear to most of us why you didn't go out and buy a set of shocks and sticky tires and race with us this year.

I think your first step in your emancipation should begin with getting your own email address. Then once the dust clears and your wife realizes your have your own interests you can take your own money and put it your own checking account and write your own cheque for some car parts and get ready to race with us next season.

Yes it is not a cheap sport but it is not that expensive either. It is also not that expensive to drive to Pitt Meadows in a Honda!! Stop using cost as an excuse. If you are passionate about something, you find a way. I would stay in H stock if I were you. You will probably dominate from there.
5centSi
Street Touring Class

Re: New Continuation Topic AngryTurtleThread from 2015 Race Results June 7

Post by 5centSi »

Well AG, thanks for your email observation and concern. Much appreciated! I've been meaning to reply but I've been so busy and it's been one of those crazy years, unlike other years we personally and confidentially discussed at Starbucks a couple years ago, but what I can say is Doris B Nickel was a response I made from my iPhone and Mac/Apple email acoount, and yes, I agree, I should sort out my funds for AutoX which I love so dearly, although others probably don't want me at AutoX chasing or leading them! :lol:
I tried hard to beat Rich on the 7th for my Dad who was dying, and I was very close so I'm always happy knowing I try to drive my best at any AutoX event even if I come in 15th! I think all drivers feel the same. Try your best and be happy with the result.
Event 2 was was my last race this season because I've had to deal with 4 family members passing on in 6 months. It's been a bitch to put it bluntly, and I'm waiting for a 5th friend fighting cancer. Needless to say, I wasn't quite into racing the rest of the season although the first 2 events in Vernon this year sure helped get my mind off other things... AutoX had a healing effect! ;)

Hope to see you all next Season.