A-Modified

Please post autocross-only specific photos here. All others will be removed.
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

A-Modified

Post by Brain »

I meant to post this after US Nationals and kept forgetting. Most locals have never seen a "real" A-Modified car. This is the class that has a pax factor of 1.000.....as in your raw time is your pax time. In simple terms every other pax number is a derivative of A-Mod. In theory A-Mod is the absolute fastest that a car can get around a course.

We're talking tube frame, massive wings, insane power to weight and ludicrous grip. No fear and some seriously good reaction skills are also mandatory. Take all those factors, a bunch of money and some serious engineering know how and you get this.....

Yes - he is exceeding 80 mph.

Yes - he is exceeding 10,000 rpm

P.S. I look forward to the day when Mr Wellwood retires and has lots of spare time ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFh0zT4 ... e=youtu.be
SkinnyG
Street Prepared Class

Re: A-Modified

Post by SkinnyG »

Winning A-mod takes more money than I make.

Nevertheless.....

Building an affordable but adequately quick A-Mod is on my list.
Lethal Locost - street legal roller skate
Fiendish Firefly - 5.7lbs of engine in a 1lb bag
Crusty Chevy - shortboxed and dropped, potato potato
Brain

Post by Brain »

Bumping this since we were talking about A Modified last night. You think you're fast? watch the video in the link in the first post...... :shock:

Here's a writeup with some pictures and stats on that car.....

https://www.autoxandtrack.com/a-mod-acm ... cross-car/
turboeric
Street Class

Post by turboeric »

My brain doesn't work as fast as is needed to drive that thing! :o
miatalvr
Street Class

Post by miatalvr »

Turbo Eric long time no see. What racing are you into now?
turboeric
Street Class

Post by turboeric »

I was doing open track days at Spokane for a few years, with the Miata getting more and more radical (trying to get enough cooling, mostly). I was spending so much time wrenching on the Miata that I wasn't making any progress on the Westfield, so I sold the Miata to a guy in Calgary who was wanting to do time trials with it. Sadly, I've been fairly extensively stalled on the Westfield, and I'm not flexible enough to kick my own butt to get going on it! It will get done, 'though. I just take longer than SkinnyG.
Brain

Post by Brain »

Here's the A-Mod video from US Nationals this year. Same driver, same car that I linked previously......just a whole lot more rain on the day one runs. Looks like fun.......if you aren't afraid of drowning :shock:

Make sure the video starts at the beginning for the wet runs - for some reason it randomly starts in the middle sometimes.....

https://youtu.be/vSbJw4DrNhc