Packwood, WA SCCA Championship Tour

mcsinc
Prepared Class

Re: Packwood, WA SCCA Championship Tour

Post by mcsinc »

What do you mean by "on the same line"? Same class? Same street/unprepared level? If the NA, NB And NC are all in CSP, then why can't the NC benefit from the backdate for the club sport?
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

SP groups similar cars on a "line" in the rulebook. If a car is in the same grouping or on the same "line" then you can use update/backdate. To be on the same line the cars have to be virtually the same. So Miata in CSP is listed as 1990-2005 on one line and MX-5 2006-2013. The 1990-2005 share a lot of the same parts and in many ways are essentially the same car - the 2006-2013 is clearly a different car. It shares nothing but the name and the concept with the earlier cars

The original logic behind it was that in SP there shouldn't be an advantage to a certain model or year of what is essentially the same car. It was intended for simple things like if you have a leather car you should be able to put cloth seats in, or a 6 spd can be swapped for a 5 spd, or a open or viscous diff can be replaced with a Torsen. Basically allowing you to simply convert a car to a specification that could have been ordered. The logic and rules of SP have spiraled out of control which leads many people (me included) to believe that SP is going to either get eliminated, severally restructured, or merged into SM in the next few years.
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

Well that settles it.
Since one of the major part that's missing from car appears to be a loop hole, I will continue to make sure my car is an all round track, time attack and local, not National, Autocross fun car.
Guess if I ever do a National I'll just go expecting to lose. :?
Last edited by See23 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel. Don't think.
Brain

Post by Brain »

See23 wrote:Since one of the major part that's missing from car appears to a loop hole
What? There's nothing in the rules that says you can be missing a loop hole. That's not legal in any class - illegal weight reduction.....or weight gain I guess if the hole is missing :mrgreen:
Brain

Post by Brain »

Solomatters preview of Packwood. Doesn't say much really http://solomatters.com/2016_tirerack_pa ... ur-tune-in

Attendance currently sitting at 283 - might change by a couple either way. Was hoping for 300, but I guess that's close enough.

Weather forecast......wish I had an STS Civic :( :lol:
flyinlow
Street Touring Class

Post by flyinlow »

We have a proven rain warrior Honda CRX that we could loan you :lol:
Brain

Post by Brain »

Relative to the locals....

CSP runs 5 and works 3.

BS runs 2 and works 5.

STS runs 3 and works 1.

Looks like STS won that round. Work when it's cool and run middle of the day when it's most likely to be warm and dry.

Supplemental regulations are here http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/sc ... 1467840448