2015 Eliminator - Feedback?

Brain
Da Brains of da operation

2015 Eliminator - Feedback?

Post by Brain »

I'll post full results soon.

Well...that's another year down. Any thoughts/comments criticisms? Feedback of any kind is welcome - tell us what you think. Everyone's input is valuable, so don't be afraid to speak up. You might be ridiculed and laughed at.....that just means we like you :mrgreen:
Aprilicious
Street Class

Re: 2015 Eliminator - Feedback?

Post by Aprilicious »

An idea came up in conversation today about the Eliminator. The layout of the eliminator creates a fun, competitive (all in good fun competition :P ), and exciting day maybe a mini mid season eliminator on a sunday to change things up a little bit.

Great course today! Thank you to those who set up and spend the extra little time making these autocross days happen!
brucethebrat
Street Prepared Class

Post by brucethebrat »

It took a bit too long on Sunday. Perhaps we should not bring group B drivers up to go against the hotshoes. The course and organization was great.
Many thanks to Alan for looking after so many of the logistics, including food and to Matt for keeping everyone lined up in order.

Mostly, a super shout out to Brian for dragging the trailer and setting courses all year. We would not race without you.
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

Congratulations to Brian and April on the déjà u wins!

I concur with April that it creates a little more "fun" competition since there is always that chance that someone blows a run and changes the outcome.

My vote is for all our races to be this format. IF we can figure out an efficient process.

Thanks to all who put in so much work to make it a great event and season!
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Brain

Post by Brain »

Aprilicious wrote:maybe a mini mid season eliminator on a sunday to change things up a little bit!
Yeah - that could be done no problem if there was enough interest
Brain

Post by Brain »

brucethebrat wrote:It took a bit too long on Sunday.
Interesting....I was intentionally adding layers to both groups to get people more runs and use up the whole day. I figured since it was the last race of the year and the weather was beautiful that we might as well drag it out
Brain

Post by Brain »

mcsinc wrote:My vote is for all our races to be this format. IF we can figure out an efficient process.
There really isn't a way to be efficient because it's never the same twice. Attendance, course length, weather, time, etc all impact the way the shootout rounds play out.
See23
Modified Class

Post by See23 »

Fun day!
Congratulation Brian and April!
It's always interesting how, in what seems to be a confusing format, the seasons quicker people end up battling it out for top spot.

I don't think it's fair that Brain gets to make the course in his head at 4 AM and then test drive it in his own car or any car he can imagine for the rest of the night in his sleep. :lol:

Thanks everyone for showing up and pitching in to make this great and successfull weekend!
Feel. Don't think.
spigot52
Street Touring Class

Post by spigot52 »

See23 wrote:
I don't think it's fair that Brain gets to make the course in his head at 4 AM and then test drive it in his own car or any car he can imagine for the rest of the night in his sleep. :lol:
Brain sleeps?
Mikester
Street Class

Post by Mikester »

Hi there, I'm Mike, and I'm new to the Okanagan events. I would like to know how the eliminator weekend is laid out.

Is it possible to race only one of the days on the weekend, as opposed to racing the whole weekend? Currently it takes me 11 hours to drive to Vernon, and I don't have any vacation days laid out.

Thanks you!