2015 Eliminator - Feedback?

5centSi
Street Touring Class

Re: 2015 Eliminator - Feedback?

Post by 5centSi »

Hi! Welcome!
Brain will probably give details on the event for this year, but if you want to compete in the Eliminator, the only day, if you have only one day available, is to race on Sunday for a chance to get a spot in the Eliminator.
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

Welcome - I've started a new thread here for the 2016 Eliminator http://okanaganautocross.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=225

Basically you can race either day- it's not required to do both. Which day is better is a personal preference.

I've gotta say though ..... I'm really not sure that the Vernon events are worth an 11 hour drive. Not trying to discourage you - just don't want you to arrive and be disappointed. Where are you coming from?
Mikester
Street Class

Post by Mikester »

Sorry for the late reply, I noticed I had not subscribed to the thread!

I would have been driving from Fort St. John to visit a friend, racing while I'm in town. However, I agree the drive is lengthy, and depending on the day I compete, I would either have no sleep for autocross or no sleep for work the day after.

Still a very interesting layout for an autocross event though. Perhaps I would join if I were any closer next time!
Shafto
Street Class

Post by Shafto »

Too bad I could not make it out, I was definitely debating evacuating work. I felt stolen as the last event I competed in, would be my last unknownst to me.

Thank you to the organizers and everyone who puts in the effort to make these things happen. I had a blast this season and cant wait to continue climbing my ladder next season which I can see puts me on top........ kidding. 8-)

Off to find something wider than 205s, that should make my ladder a little taller yet.
brucethebrat
Street Prepared Class

Post by brucethebrat »

Since we will no longer have the Kal Tire lot and the college lot is in use all weekend there is not much hope of another one unless we can find a suitable venue.

Sorry to rain on the parade.
mcsinc
Prepared Class

Post by mcsinc »

College lot is in use every weekend, all weekend during the 4 months college is not in session?
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Brain
Da Brains of da operation

Post by Brain »

We really need to find something else for Sundays. I think we're pushing our luck with the neighbors if we start running at OUC on the weekends as well. It's also too small - fine for Thursdays, but we need something bigger as well.